Team Colors Collective member Stevie “Peace” Larson will be speaking as part of a panel at the 27th Annual Meeting of the Society for Disability Studies help in Minneapolis from 11-14 June 2014. The theme of this years conference is Disability (and) Sustainability and Stevie’s panel will take place on Friday, June 13th from 5:00-6:30pm.
Here are the details:
Panel: Performing Resistance Outside of Capitalism: Interrogating Soviet, Post-Soviet, and Global Leftist Ableisms
- Cassandra Hartblay, Dual Regimes of Productivity?: Tracing Ableisms and Resistances in Soviet and Post Soviet Welfare States
- Stevie Larson, The (mis)fire next time: Work, anti-work, and acts of dysproduction in the New Left
- Anastasia Kayiatos, The Silence of Race in Post-Stalin Russia: Can the Socialist Subaltern Speak?
- Discussant: David T Mitchell
- Moderator: Louise Hickman