Feminist-scholar Silvia Federici says it is “beautifully written” while illustrating “the power of the refusal of work of those capitalism has subjugated,” radical philosopher George Caffentzis believes it is an “important exploration of the revolutionary possibilities of our time.”
Join Kevin Van Meter as he reads from his new book Guerrillas of Desire: Notes on Everyday Resistance and Organizing to Make a Revolution Possible co-published by AK Press and the Institute for Anarchist Studies.
Behind the smiling faces of cashiers, wait staff, and workers of all sorts, a war is going on, usually without the knowledge of official political and labor organizations. Guerrillas of Desire maps these undercurrents, documenting the history of everyday resistance under slavery, in peasant life, and throughout modern capitalism, while showing that it remains an important factor in revolution and something radicals of all stripes must understand. Join the author for a reading and discussion.
* * *
- Seattle, WA: 4 August @ 7:30pm ~ Pipsqueak Gallery (173 16th Ave, Seattle, WA 98122-5607)
- Olympia, WA: 5 August @ 6:00pm ~ Orca Books (509 E 4th Ave., Olympia, WA, 98501)
- Portland, OR: 10 August @ 7:30pm ~ Powell’s Books on Hawthorne (3723 SE Hawthorne Blvd, Portland, OR 97214)
Mid-Atlantic & Northeast Tour
- Washington, DC: 29 August @ 6:00pm ~ The Potters House
(1658 Columbia Rd NW, Washington, District of Columbia 20009)
- Baltimore, MD: 30 August @ 7:30pm ~ Red Emma’s Bookstore Coffeehouse (30 W North Ave, Baltimore, Maryland 21201)
- Philadelphia, PA: 31 August @ 7:00pm ~ Wooden Shoe Books and Records
(704 South St, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19147)
- Brooklyn / Queens, NY: 6 September @ 7:00pm ~ Topos Bookstore Cafe (788 Woodward Ave, Queens, New York 11385)
- New York, NY: 8 September @ 7:00pm ~ Bluestockings Bookstores, Cafe, and Activist Center (172 Allen St, New York, New York 10002)